.

.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Kindergarten....

So Amelia is starting Kindergarten this fall.... Un.Believe.Able.  When did she grow up?  Why didn't someone let us in on this?!

We had kindergarten orientation Tuesday, May 14.  I was getting Amelia and I ready while we waited for Luke to come home so we could go.  I fixed her hair and got her dressed and while I was changing my clothes, we caught a peek at A in the kitchen putting on lip gloss after she was just downstairs picking out a necklace that matched her outfit.  You have to understand, this girl would LIVE in her pajamas if mom and dad let her and if it were socially acceptable (not sure at all where/whom she gets that from.....ahem).  To see her excited enough to be concerned about her appearance was nothing less than a shock.... she's growing way. too. fast......

We met a family from church at their house so we could walk to the school together.  She and Brennan are both starting this year.  I'm so glad they have each other :)



Here are two of the members of the class of 2026.....

                                                                    Amelia and Brennan

Meeting one of her teachers


Amelia was super excited to visit the school and was bummed that we couldn't/weren't staying longer.  They took the kids to see the classroom area while they oriented us parents.  And I'd just like to put this out there--I was not one of the crying mothers when the kids left the cafeteria (this time).  First day of school, however, I will be a snotty mess--I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment