.

.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pregnancy update and 33 week check-up!

Over the last several weeks I've started to have some issues with my blood pressure. I went to another doctor a few weeks ago to have a lump in my abdomen checked out (a pea-sized lump that is not the baby. It turns out its fine right now, and we'll probably have it removed after baby comes), and they got BP readings of 150s/100s. So they told me to keep an eye on it over the weekend and into Monday and if the readings didn't get better, that I was to call my OB. So they didn't improve much, and I called my OB and they had me set up an appt to see him. Since then, he's put me on a BP medication and I've had appointments weekly for 4 weeks in a row now. My appt yesterday we got BP readings that he felt were acceptable, but he still wasn't excited over. So he doubled my morning dose of BP meds. On top of the appointments, I now have weekly non-stress tests and ultrasounds to check the baby's amniotic fluid. The NSTs are a little boring (at least I get to hear the baby's heartbeat), but it stinks because I have to stay awake for it--I would love to nap during this time..... The ultrasounds are always great, because, come on, how exciting to SEE the baby!!!!

This last time the ultrasound tech informed us that the baby has a lot of hair--you can see it on the screen!!! She also showed us a bunch of little fat rolls on the back of the baby's neck! And I quote, "See all those little fat rolls on the back of the baby's neck?!? Like a little shar pei puppy!!!!" So with all the hair and fat rolls "like a shar pei puppy" maybe we are indeed having a puppy--Amelia did say that several months back when we asked her if the baby was a boy or a girl.... I should have some U/S pictures to post next week. We'll be having a size check on the baby at next week's ultrasound and she usually prints some pictures then.

So Dr. Tomjack said that my BP readings can only get worse or stay the same, they won't get better until delivery. So if they continue to be okay, he'll let me keep being pregnant. If they continue to get worse, then we'll be delivering early. He did say that after next week, we may not do anything to stop early labor. But overall, it sounds like he's thinking this will probably be another induction around 37/38 weeks.

That's all for now--except some pictures of my expanding body!!!!

^Some of my maternity shirts are working really hard these days....



No comments:

Post a Comment