.

.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Haddababyitsaboy!!

So, as most of you already know, our little bundle of joy came two weeks ago!!! We are so excited and happy to have another addition to our family! Pierson Luther Proffitt came on 1-11-11 at 11:11 am, 19.5" long, and 6lb 15oz (111 ounces!).

On Monday afternoon, I went in for my weekly check-up. The office did want to move my Monday appt to Wednesday because the ultrasound tech wasn't able to make it in. But I had been getting high BP readings over the weekend, so I let them know that maybe he'd still want to see me in the office. I did go in, and my numbers were elevated--which meant the medication wasn't working as well anymore, so he decided we'd be induced that evening. He told us to go to the hospital at 10 pm on 1/10.

We got to the hospital that evening and got checked in. But had to wait 2 1/2 hours before we could actually start the induction. There were 4 women who walked in right before me who were already in labor, so the nursing staff had to take care of them first.
So at 12:30 am Tuesday morning, they finally got the induction started. So I cramped and had mild contractions until 7. Dr. Tomjack came in to check me and I was at 4cm, so he broke my water. I was going to try to do it with out an epidural. Around 9, the pain was really bad, and doc said I couldn't do any walking around to manage my pain, so after some bad words and mulling it over, I decided to get the epidural. I could have kissed the anesthesiologist when he came in!!! I told him so.

I was checked right after the epidural was in place and doing its job (it was beautiful), and had already dilated to 10!! I went from 4 to 10 in a little more than an hour!!! The nurse decided at 10:30 to do a "test push" to see how things were going. She asked for a half push, and quickly told me to stop. I guess she didn't want to deliver a baby by herself if she could help it. They called the doctor and the rest of the staff for the birth, and we got ready for go-time. We thought we might actually get our time of 11:11! Everyone was all set up and ready to go at 11:02 so I told the doctor we could go ahead if he was ready. He decided that since the baby was doing fine (according to the heartrate), we could wait and see if we hit 11:11. I think he liked the idea, too! So, we chilled for what may have been the longest 9 minutes of my life (with my legs in the stirrups). At exactly 11:11, the doctor told me to start pushing. In 3 pushes and 45 seconds, our little boy was here!!!!

I kept thinking we were going to have another girl, and was in for quite a shock when I looked down and saw that he definitely was not another girl! We're both still in disbelief that we have a boy!!
Pierson had a "true knot" in his cord--shown above his shoulder.




Amelia is a proud big sister, and the kisses haven't stopped!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! My due date was 1/11 so my whole pregnancy all my family and friends would talk about having him at 11:11 on 1/11/11. I cant believe your LO was born then!!!! I'm SO jealous :) Coolest bday ever

    ReplyDelete